Visit The Centre
Through the Ḵay Llnagaay Heritage Centre we celebrate the living culture of the Haida people. Through our language, art and stories we share our relationship with the land and sea- that which shapes, nourishes, and sustains us.
Ḵay Llnagaay protects and fosters Haida culture by reaffirming our traditions and beliefs, encouraging artistic expression and serving as a keeper of all that we are. Ḵay Llnagaay is a place for the Haida voice to be heard. This is our gift to the world.
• Daily flight from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Sandspit (YZP)
Pacific Coastal Airlines
• Daily service from Vancouver’s South Terminal(YVR) to Masset(YMT) during the summer and service three times a week during the shoulder and winter season.
North Pacific Seaplanes
• Daily float plane service between Prince Rupert and Masset
• A six hour ferry trip from the city of Prince Rupert to Skidegate 2-3 times a week. Reservations are highly recommended.
• If you plan to travel with your own boat, harbour facilities are available at Sandspit, Queen Charlotte City and Masset. If you are planning to visit Gwaii Haanas please contact Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve and Haida Heritage Site.
Tours and Activites
Daily tours are offered throughout the Summer season (June-August) and are included with Museum admission.
Private tours and activities are available at an additional cost.
The Haida Canoe can be used as an entry point into understanding Haida Culture. The Haida Canoe connects the natural, supernatural and human worlds together, providing a pathway to understanding our language while connecting the Land and Sea.
Haida monumental poles are one of the most recognizable and clearly identifiable icons of First Nations cultures worldwide. Join us as we visit some of the many poles at Ḵay Llnagaay to begin to deconstruct the types of poles, their functions and some of the crests and stories that have been displayed from time immemorial, connecting time and place.
Weaving Exhibit Tour
William F. Bellis
The 8,000 square ft post and beam cedar lodge stands on the banks of the serene Tlell River, on a 50-acre wooded property with easy access to the pounding ocean surf. On-site services include a full-service dining room, licensed bar and river-view patio; 10 comfortable guest rooms with private facilities; a relaxing den with complimentary Wi-Fi, 24 hour coffee/tea bar; a local artisans gift shop; a 35-seat cultural orientation, exhibition hall and conference room, and a knowledgeable, welcoming staff, each dedicated to making your Haida Gwaii stay a memorable one.
Call:1.855.557.4600 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:www.haidahouse.com English, French, German, Spanish spoken
Six sheltered sites, three walk in tent sites on beach, water, picnic tables, fire pits, dry toilets
NO RESERVATION, FREE
p. 250.559.8415 or 1.888.322.3388